Paige Baker is a Fitness Professional specializing in Individualized Training, Pilates and Postural Alignment Therapy.
The Midwest, my home for all of my childhood years, along with the support of my parents, blessed me with the value of building loyal friendships, the determination to strive for things I believe passionately in, and to keep a genuine heart.
Pepperdine University was my golden ticket to sun filled California and how much more amazing could it be to study Psychology above the coastline in Malibu. My undergraduate studies led me to San Diego where I initially worked in the field of social work. The experience I gained helping troubled children in detention facilities and assisting with the reunification of families was beyond valuable. I wanted to continue to teach others how to live healthier lives.
My post graduate studies traveled on a different path in Sport Science and allowed me to learn about the physical nature of our human bodies. Long distance running and fitness had become a routine part of my life and I wanted others to experience the benefits of physical movement. My certifications in Personal Training, Pilates, and Postural Alignment Therapy along with my graduate work allowed me to do just that. What I didn’t realize years ago was how valuable my Psychology degree would continue to be in working with individuals in the discipline of fitness and health.
My clients and their achievements are a reward for me on a daily basis. They fuel my energy to continue to learn and share my knowledge and to push past challenges as they arise. As one of my favorite mottos states: “Persistence-The Race goes not always to the swift, but to those who keep on running.”
- BA Psychology from Pepperdine University
- MS Sport Science from St. Cloud State University
- Certified Pilates Instructor – MBS Precision Pilates & Wellness/Pilates Method Alliance
- American Council on Exercise Certified Personal Trainer
- Egoscue Postural Alignment Specialist
- Twenty plus years employed in the fitness industry
- Proven success with helping MANY individuals reach their health and fitness goals including the capability of working with a diverse population-novice to advanced level exerciser and those with special needs
- Opened and operated two personal training studios in the Greater San Diego area
- Marathon running coach for Train to End Stroke/American Heart Association
- Boston Marathon qualifier for many consecutive years
- Female overall 1st place at the Saddleback Marathon Trail Race 2001